Rebuild foes withdraw protest request

The East Arlington Concerned Citizens Committee, founded two years ago to stop the reconstruction of Mass. Ave., last night withdrew its request for a permit for a march along that street on April 9.

Speaking for the group before Arlington’s Board of Selectmen, Eric Berger cited multiple requirements the group was unable to meet because he had only learned of them that day.

Town Manager Brian Sullivan said that other parade events of the scope requested entail many months of planning. “Never was there any mention” of the April 9 date in any of the letters from the group, Sullivan said.

Berger and his lawyer first contacted the Board last month, initiating a process leading to a request from the Police Department that the group detail its logistical and financial plans for such things as insurance and emergency medical services for the event.

Update: Berger’s full statement is included in the coverage of this story at YourArlington.com.

Advertisements

1 comment so far


What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: